3000mm L x 25mm D
Firth is proud to introduce the latest innovation in slab edge insulation: RibRaft® HotEdge®.
RibRaft® HotEdge® system is a fully integrated thermal edging that assists in attaining Homestar™ points.
Unlike ‘bolt-on’ alternatives, RibRaft’s HotEdge® is placed inside your RibRaft® foundation boxing before Firth RaftMix® concrete is poured. Evenly spaced tornado screws ensure HotEdge® is structurally integrated within every floor slab, creating a seamless finished foundation system for the homeowner. There are 3 heights available for clad, veneer and 300mm RibRaft Pod.
The RibRaft® HotEdge® System has been designed specifically for Firth RibRaft® floors using Firth RaftMix® concrete. Unique features of the system are:
- RibRaft® HotEdge® is a closed cell extruded insulation - pre-meshed and plastered Foamular® high strength foam profiles are setup with Firth Ribraft® components
- The system highly resistant to moisture, retaining its R-value year after year, and is extremely strong and durable (up to 10 times stronger than expanded polystyrene insulation - EPS)
- The system is easy to install
- With the RibRaft® HotEdge® system you don’t need to increase the framing size in your design: standard 90mm framing applies
- The system is fully compatible with Firth’s RibRaft EQ® and RibRaft TC3® foundation systems
- The system has been specifically 3D modelled by BRANZ
RibRaft® HotEdge® is the first product of its type to offer a complete solution to the challenge of providing a durable, high performance edge insulation system which is pre-plastered and includes corner armour protection to take the knocks that occur at foundation level.
For durability, seismic and thermal R-rating, get the Edge. Specify a RibRaft® HotEdge® floor.
For more information call 0800 HOTEDGE
Suitable for Foundations
Contact us to find the right product for your project
The insulation of HotEdge® has been 3D-modeled by BRANZ and shown to provide minimum R1.0 to the edge beam of Firth RibRaft® floors.
Joint research is currently underway by Firth and BRANZ and full data on RibRaft® HotEdge® R-value calculation will be published in the near future.
With the RibRaft® HotEdge® system you don’t need to increase the framing size in your design: standard 90mm framing applies